Thursday, May 3, 2012

Happy Birthday Colby!

Baylor and I woke Colby up this morning singing Happy Birthday, and his first reaction was to lay back down and say "NO"...  Wait...that is how I feel on my birthdays!  But once he was awake he went with Baylor and wanted to open one of his presents, that's my boy! 

I was watching Baylor and Colby be silly at breakfast, and of course, I got teary-eyed (WHY DOES THAT SEEM TO HAPPEN NOW!).  OKAY, I might get a little mushy now, so if mushy make you sick look away NOW :).

 I started to think about how nervous Don and I were two years ago that after all of the ups and downs of the last 5 or so years that we would meet our little baby, and how we just hoped that despite his early arrival that he would healthy!  I think what Colby lacked in the beginning he is making up for now!

As I look at our feisty, and I mean feisty, 2 year old, I am so thankful that he came into our life!  After a LONG wait, our little family is complete and he has made us better people!  He has made me a little more relaxed, he has made Don a little more silly, and he has made Baylor a WONDERFUL big brother who has taken on additional responsibilities and is growing up very quickly now.  OK, I will stop because now I am teary again... good grief!

Below are some pictures from Colby's last two years!  As the lady at Target once called Colby.. "the TINIEST baby in the world" is growing up! 









2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, COLBY!!! Oh, man is that little guy a cutie! Love him so much! And, I got teary-eyed reading your post! It's not just you...it's motherhood! I'm right there with you sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to our favorite 2 year old Colorado boy! I agree with Holly, Motherhood definitely makes you get in touch with your softer side. We miss you and love you lots!

    ReplyDelete